For the most recent call for proposals, Pfizer is interested in research projects that fall within the following therapeutic areas:
Disease Area Focus
- Cancer — Investigators should select solid tumors, such as colorectal, breast, lung (small cell and non-small cell), pancreatic and ovarian.
- Autoimmunity/Inflammation — Areas of interest include irritable bowel syndrome, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), atopic dermatology and psoriasis.
- Metabolic Diseases — Pfizer is specifically interested in type 2 diabetes mellitus and cachexia.
- Rare Diseases — Areas of interest include amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Huntington’s disease, Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy, and non-malignant hematological disorders.
- Immune activators/enhancers (e.g., nucleic acid sensing, toll-like receptors, etc.)
- DNA damage recognition & repair (e.g., replication stress or repair enzymes)
- Tissue-resident immune modulation (e.g., adaptive & innate, tumor microenvironment, organ-specific, such as skin or gut)
- Modulation of tumor cell heterogeneity, senescence and plasticity (including drug resistance)
- Regulation of epithelial biology (i.e., restoring barrier health/integrity)
- Modulation of fibrosis pathways [either metabolism/stress-induced or inflammation-induced (possibly tumor-driven)]
- Regulation of antigen-specific tolerance induction and/or modulation of T regulatory cells
- Treatments for repeat expansion diseases (including Huntington’s disease, ALS/ frontotemporal dementia and myotonic dystrophy)
- Interventions to address skeletal and cardiac muscle diseases (including Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophies)