The goals of the RNAi program are to:
- Collaborate with NIH investigators to perform genome-wide RNAi screening projects (assay development, screening and validation) to:
- Understand fundamental biology.
- Accelerate target discovery.
- Develop methods that advance the science of RNAi screening and informatics (e.g., by addressing the high incidence of false-positives in RNAi-based target discovery).
- Perform education and outreach to increase awareness of the RNAi program’s tools and methods.
- Pursue new technologies for exploring gene function.