NCATS' SBIR and STTR programs support translational research and technologies developed by small businesses. The Center welcomes collaborations with investors, venture capital funds and other strategic partners interested in contributing to these efforts to advance translational research. Partners may want to:
- Encourage companies in their pipelines to apply for SBIR or STTR funding.
- Engage with an NCATS SBIR or STTR awardee to further develop a technology toward commercialization.
Benefits of working with NCATS SBIR and STTR awardees include:
- Awardees have received non-dilutive capital, not loans.
- All SBIR and STTR projects undergo rigorous NIH peer review.
- Multiple venture-backed companies that meet eligibility criteria can apply for SBIR and STTR funding.
- Companies have access to NIH SBIR small business resources to help in the advancement and commercialization of their products.
NCATS invites individual investors, venture capital funds and others to collaborate with the Center in supporting the development of technologies, therapies, approaches and interventions designed to advance patient care. Opportunities to partner with NCATS and support small business research and development occur throughout the year.
- Learn more about the Center and its SBIR and STTR research priorities.
- Access a list of NCATS' currently funded small business projects on NIH RePORTER.
- Explore opportunities to mentor current awardees.
- Join events at which NCATS will be presenting information about translational sciences and small business funding opportunities.
- Contact the NCATS SBIR & STTR team to learn more and discuss your interests.