- NCATS released a new funding opportunity to establish a Biomedical Data Translator Development consortium, with initial funding for up to 15 awards in FY 2020. Read the full FOA text (PDF – 98KB)
This expired funding announcement includes details on the application process, eligibility and timelines for the program:
- NOT-TR-17-023: Notice of Funding Opportunity Publication for Biomedical Data Translator: Technical Feasibility Assessment of Reasoning Tool
- NCATS accepted applications to support the research, development and testing of up to three biomedical reasoning tool prototypes for the Biomedical Data Translator program for an estimated total of $1 million each. NCATS used a three-step application process (challenge-concept-proposal) for this expedited program. The duration of each award was less than one year. View the full FOA text (PDF - 607KB).
- NOT-TR-16-014: Notice of Funding Opportunity Publication for Biomedical Data Translator: Technical Feasibility Assessment and Architecture Design Projects (OT3)
- For the first activity of the Biomedical Data Translator program, NCATS used its Other Transaction (OT) authority to invite interested applicants to submit innovative proposals for addressing the architecture needs to build a biomedical data “translator” and to assess its technical feasibility. Successful applicants not only are contributing their expertise and resources but also are willing to collaborate to revolutionize translational science and propel new discoveries and best practices for practitioners across the translational spectrum, from biologists to chemists to computer scientists, from scientists doing target validation to clinicians seeing patients.