The links below provide more details about the current federal budget and how it affects NCATS’ funding and grant award policies:
Funding Decisions & Award Policies
The decision to award a contract, grant application or cooperative agreement occurs after it has been recommended favorably by an initial scientific review group and by the NCATS Advisory Council, which provides a second level of review. Funding decisions are made according to the Center’s funding policy and based upon the following considerations:
- Scientific and technical merit of the proposed project as determined by scientific peer review.
- Availability of funds.
- Relevance of the proposed project to program priorities in support of the NCATS mission.
NCATS adheres to established NIH funding policies when making grant awards:
- NIH Grants Policy and Guidance
- Salary Limitation on Grants, Cooperative Agreements and Contracts (NOT-OD-17-087)
- Submission of Prior Approval Requests
- Communicating and Acknowledging Federal Funding
NIH Grants Policy Changes
NIH regularly issues updates to its grants policies. The links below provide more information:
- NIH Clinical Trial Requirements for Grants and Contracts
- Reminder: NIH & AHRQ Grant Application Changes for Due Dates On or After January 25, 2016 (NOT-OD-16-058)
- NIH Implementation of Final Research Performance Progress Reports (Final RPPR) (NOT-OD-17-022)
- ASSIST Now an Option for All NIH Competing Grant Applications and Some Post-award Administrative Actions (NOT-OD-16-042)
- Reminder: NIH Requires the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) for All Type 5 Progress Reports (NOT-OD-15-014)
- Reporting Publications in the Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) (NOT-OD-15-091)
- NIH RPPR Overview and Technical Assistance
- NIH RPPR Instruction Guide (PDF - 4MB)
- Guidance for Correcting Human Subjects RPPR Submission Validation Errors (PDF - 798KB)