- Carryover Requests: for grantees that do not have automatic carryover authority to request the use of unobligated prior year grant funds in a current budget period.
- Appeal Letters: for specific concerns about the review of a competing application as detailed in a summary statement.
- Change of Principal Investigator Requests: to request a change in the principal investigator assignment on an active NCATS grant.
- Other Prior Approval Requests: for other actions requiring NCATS’ prior approval, such as a change in scope and plans for future pilot and K-scholar projects.
NCATS recommends that grantees follow NIH guidance for the electronic submission of requests for administrative supplements and change of grantee organization:
- Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Admin Supp) (PA-18-591)
- Change of Grantee Organization (Type 7 Parent) (PA-18-590)
- Successor-in-Interest (Type 6 Parent) (PA-18-589)
- Prior NIH Approval of Human Subjects Research in Active Awards Initially Submitted without Definitive Plans for Human Subjects Involvement (Delayed Onset Awards) (NOT-OD-15-129)
How to Submit
Submit your prior approval request directly to your assigned grants management specialist and copy the program officer and grants management officer listed on the Notice of Award.