- NOT-TR-20-035: NCATS Announces Plans to Publish the ASPIRE 2020 Reduction-to-Practice Challenge Prize Competition
- NCATS intends to publish a Prize Competition Announcement to solicit entries for the NCATS ASPIRE Reduction-to-Practice Challenge: Development of a Comprehensive Integrated Platform. This Notice is being provided to allow potential entrants sufficient time to form multidisciplinary teams to develop innovative solutions to submit to the competition. The Announcement is expected to be published in September 2020 with an expected submission window from late November through the end of February 2021.
Expired Funding Announcements
- NOT-TR-18-301: HEAL Initiative: Announcement of the NCATS ASPIRE Design Challenges to Develop Innovative and Catalytic Approaches Towards Solving the Opioid Crisis
- The goal of the inaugural NCATS ASPIRE Design Challenges is to develop innovative and catalytic approaches toward solving the opioid crisis through development of (1) novel chemistries; (2) data-mining and analysis tools and technologies; and (3) biological assays that will revolutionize discovery, development and preclinical testing of the next-generation, safer and non-addictive analgesics to treat pain, as well as new treatments for opioid use disorder and overdose. The total prize purse for each challenge is $500,000. Learn more about the challenges.
- The NCATS ASPIRE Challenges are part of The Helping to End Addiction Long-termSM Initiative, or NIH HEAL InitiativeSM, to speed scientific solutions to the national opioid public health crisis.
Daniel Soñé Photography