The NCATS Office of Scientific Review coordinates fair and objective peer review of all NCATS grant applications and contract proposals. Staff also provide advice and assistance to colleagues supporting NCATS funding programs.
Scientific Review Services at NCATS
- Determine the expertise needed to review grant applications and contract proposals, and recruit reviewers with the appropriate expertise.
- Receive applications and contract proposals and assign them to Special Emphasis Panels for review.
- Assign appropriate NIH human subjects codes to applications, and enter codes, scores and critiques into the central NIH database.
- Organize and coordinate review committee meetings, including the processing and mailing of review materials.
- Prepare high-quality summary statements for applications and proposals.
- Provide all information required for compliance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act and the Procurement Integrity Act.
- Serve as a resource to staff and peer reviewers by providing advice and assistance about review policy issues and the planning of new initiatives and future directions.
- Work in collaboration with the Division of Receipt and Referral in the NIH Center for Scientific Review and the NIH Office of Extramural Research.
Peer Review at NCATS
Have you recently applied for an NCATS grant? Check out the NIH Office of Extramural Research’s Applicant Guidance: Next Steps, including frequently asked questions. The office also offers a step-by-step look at the NIH peer-review process.
NCATS adheres to all NIH peer-review policies and practices.