The NCATS Education Branch provides national leadership to foster development of the field of translational science. To accomplish this, the Branch engaged in a range of activities as depicted in the figure below. Intramurally, through the Division of Preclinical Innovation, the Education Branch creates novel and holistic training opportunities for a diverse pool of early-career scientists to gain translational science skills through engagement in hands-on research, seminars, career talks and journal clubs.
Education Branch Publications and Presentations
The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences’ Intramural Training Program and Fellow Career Outcomes — This report describes how the NCATS training program equips young scientists with translational science skills that lead to early research successes and prepares them for a broad range of science-based careers.
Members of the NCATS Education Branch
- Education Branch Chief: Jessica M. Faupel-Badger, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow: Lameese D. Akacem, Ph.D.
- Scientific Program Specialist: Brittany M. Haynes, Ph.D.
- Intramural Education and Training Director: Marcus G. Hodges, Ph.D.
- Presidential Management Fellow: Shadab F. Hussain, Ph.D.
- Health Scientist Administrator: Amanda L. Vogel, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Contact the Education Branch at NCATSDPITrainEd@mail.nih.gov