Links to documents, resources and other materials about the N3C are available in this section.
On this page:
- Accessing N3C Data
- Contributing Data to the N3C
- Participating in the N3C Community
- Learning More About the N3C
Accessing N3C Data
Individual researchers can access N3C data in the N3C Data Enclave only after their home institutions have signed a Data Use Agreement (DUA) with NCATS. Once an institution has executed a DUA with NCATS, researchers can register with the N3C and apply for data access.
See our collection of forms and resources related to accessing N3C data for both institutions and individuals, including the DUA form, a list of DUA signatories, the Data User Code of Conduct, and how to cite and acknowledge the N3C in publications.
Contributing Data to the N3C
NCATS has established a Data Transfer Agreement (DTA) that provides terms and conditions for data transfer and outlines the general terms of data use. Institutions sign the DTA, then work with NCATS to transfer a Limited Data Set relevant to COVID-19 derived from electronic health records to the N3C Data Enclave.
See our collection of forms and resources related to contributing data to the N3C, including the DTA form, the Linkage Honest Broker Agreement form, a list of DTA signatories, and the N3C’s data dictionary.
Participating in the N3C Community
The N3C encourages researchers to participate in the broader N3C community by joining Domain Teams to engage with others who have similar COVID-19 research interests.
Learn about each of the more than 30 clinical and crosscutting N3C Domain Teams. The Domain Teams cover diverse topics, such as machine learning, rural health, nursing and cardiovascular disease.
All members of the N3C community should read the Community Guiding Principles. This document outlines expectations for members, including institutions and individuals who use N3C resources and data.
Learning More About the N3C
Use these additional resources to learn more about the N3C:
- Visit our About the N3C page for an overview of the initiative, including its goals, partners and data.
- Watch N3C tutorial and orientation videos. The N3C’s videos cover a wide range of topics to introduce users to the N3C Data Enclave and its tools and processes.
- Learn about the more than 30 external data sets, including mortality, viral variance and environmental data, that can be linked to the N3C Data Enclave’s clinical data.
- Browse information in the N3C Cohort Explorer. The N3C Cohort Explorer is an up-to-date, interactive dashboard that provides a sense of the scope and size of COVID-19-related information available within the N3C Data Enclave.
- Find additional resources related to the N3C’s governance. The N3C has a variety of policies, agreements and forms that support its commitment to providing a secure platform for COVID-19 data and reliable infrastructure to support research.
- Download the N3C fact sheet (PDF - 382KB).