Work with Tox21
We are continually developing, validating and integrating toxicity assays into the quantitative high-throughput screening (qHTS) platform.
Tox21 currently is accepting assay proposals from investigators in all areas, both within and outside NIH and the federal government. Follow the instructions provided to nominate an assay.
Nominate an Assay
- Complete one of the following forms and email it to Menghang Xia, Ph.D.:
- NTP Tox21 Assay Nomination Form
- EPA Tox21 Assay Nomination Form
- Proposed assays should be compatible with the qHTS guidelines in NCATS’ assay guidance criteria.
- Researchers from academia, private institutions and government/non-government organizations may nominate assays.
- Review The Tox21 Assay Evaluation and Screening Group (with representatives from each of the Tox21 partners) reviews submitted assays on an ongoing basis. Tox21 leadership gives final approval. Assays are chosen based on their biological and toxicological relevance and adaptability to miniaturization and qHTS screening.
- Optimization and Miniaturization Tox21 staff optimize and miniaturize selected assays into the qHTS screening platform.
- Validation and Screening In robotic online validation, the assay is screened in triplicate against a validation library. Tox21 experts evaluate validation data for reproducibility and positive control consistency before being submitted to the Assay Evaluation and Screening Group for approval.
- Data Analysis and Dissemination Tox21 staff analyze the resulting information and send raw data and/or summary tables to Tox21 partners regularly. All results are made publicly available. Other Collaborations The NCATS Tox21 team leads maintain partnerships with a variety of academics and private-sector parties as well as other government organizations. Interested parties may contact Anna Rossoshek or individual team leads.
The NCATS Tox21 team leads maintain partnerships with a variety of academics and private-sector parties as well as other government organizations. Interested parties may contact Anna Rossoshek or individual team leads. .